MA non res LTC

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Re: MA non res LTC

Postby Spiela » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:03 am

Just an FYI for timing: my renewal was received on 09/21/17 and I received my card today (12/5/17), no interview was required this year.
Spiela

Postby newportri » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 am

That's a long time, but glad you got it. I would expect that the processing time will eventually come down as people don't have to have this interview every year.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby cookiecutter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm

45 days since interview ... no LTC yet ... so much for believing in Santa Claus :D

It makes me wonder how many minutes it actually takes to process one of these applications ... I wouldn't expect it to take very long at all since all the info was checked to be complete at the interview and this would seem to be the part that would lead to inefficiencies in processing.

CC
cookiecutter

Postby Blast54 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:17 am

cookiecutter wrote:45 days since interview ... no LTC yet ... so much for believing in Santa Claus :D

It makes me wonder how many minutes it actually takes to process one of these applications ... I wouldn't expect it to take very long at all since all the info was checked to be complete at the interview and this would seem to be the part that would lead to inefficiencies in processing.

CC

I've had mass since 1990 ($50/five years) and you used to leave the interview with license in hand. Took your photo, signed it and they laminated it...took about five minutes
Blast54

Postby YKCOR1313 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:44 am

45 days would be really fast in MA. Mine always takes at least two and half to three months. My friend just waited 4 months for his and another just over 3 months. They process a lot of permits and have a small staff. They don't rush anything in MA.
YKCOR1313

Postby cookiecutter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:04 pm

I wasn't really expecting it in 45 ... just hoping that St. Nic would bring it with him :D ... so it sounds more like Valentine's Day, then ;)

Happy New Year to y'all!

CC
cookiecutter

Postby Uncle Duke » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Renewals aren't any faster than first time LTC's. From my experience, any time that someone at the FRB promises to expedite something, it means that its going to the bottom of the pile. The only places that are any slower are NYC and Washington, DC. NYC is not required by statute to issue any permits/licenses within any specified period of time and they seem to do their damnedest to find a reason to not issue, even when someone meets all the requirements for a premises permit, or in the rarest of occasions, a carry license. Washington, DC's statutes require that the Chief of Police issues a Carry License "within a reasonable amount of time", which is up to 90 days. Generally, they wait until day 89 to send out a letter of approval or denial. They can also extend your wait another 90 days if they feel it's "justified."
Certified NRA Range Safety Officer, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, and Personal Protection Instructor. Certified MA Basic Pistol/LEOSA, MD, and UT Concealed Handgun Instructor
Uncle Duke

Postby YKCOR1313 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm

All of my renewals took longer than my first LTC application.
YKCOR1313

Previous

Return to General Discussion