RE: Moving from NY to RI

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

RE: Moving from NY to RI

Postby Borislav » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:06 am

Hello folks,

I may be making the move from upstate NY to RI in the next few months.

I will probably end up in Woonsocket RI.

Just wanted to see what the situation with CCW is at the moment.

Also, wanted to check on the legality of AR pistols... I'm pretty sure that in RI they are g2g

Thanks in advance

And yeah... I can't wait to get out of NY...

What the state did to gun owners here is disgusting.
Last edited by Borislav on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borislav

Re: RE: Moving from NY to RI

Postby RImike » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Check out the new post about Woonsocket, its pretty good apparently. Provided you meet the letter of the law, you should be G2G.

As far as firearms, the only prohibited items are suppressors and SBR/SBS (NFA regulated items).

Just watch out for Cumberland and Lincoln. There have been some issues with the CLEO following the rule of law.
RImike

Postby shovel1966 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:20 am

Welcome to Rhode Island soon. The summer of 2012 I moved from Virginia Beach to Portsmouth, RI. I soon realized that RI is not nearly as gun friendly as the other places I have lived (FL, TN, VA etc) and much more restrictive with regard to purchasing, transporting, shooting, personal transfers, joining a club, etc. With that being said......... You will be gaining much more freedom by moving here than several other states in the area. (CT, NY, MA)

I can't speak personally for CCW in Woonsocket, but I managed to get mine through my town of Portsmouth. I also enjoy shooting my AR pistol in 300blk. As RImike stated, there are no magazine or firearm restrictions here unless it needs a Form 4 and a tax stamp.

Good luck with the move and looking forward to seeing you enjoy your newfound freedom.
shovel1966

Postby Dirk » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 am

Welcome to RI. Though we're not as gun friendly as many other states. we're a hell of a lot better than NY.

As far as Woonsocket goes, you should't have any issues.
Dirk

Postby Borislav » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks for the responses folks.

Still trying to work out the details and the location but Woonsocket RI is at the top of the list.
Borislav

Return to General Discussion