Extra Stuff I don't use

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Extra Stuff I don't use

Postby shovel1966 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:09 am

I seem to have a lot of extra firearm related stuff I've purchased over the years or somehow acquired that is just sitting around not being used. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here in this situation. Sometimes I change out firearm parts and keep the original stuff because it is perfect in condition, fit, and function. I just never seem to make the time to take pictures of, and list these items for sale or trade. I am also starting to come to the realization that I also have way too many hand and power tools. I've recently used Craig's List to sell a drill press, table saw, jointer/planer, motorcycle jack, and other stuff I don't need.

Is the Buy, Sell, and Trade section of this forum exclusively for firearms and firearm related stuff? I have a lot of "garage/workshop shop" stuff that I also need to sell/trade. I certainly don't want to offend anyone here by listing items that are not "authorized or acceptable" on this forum's trading post.

What are some of your thoughts on this?
shovel1966

Re: Extra Stuff I don't use

Postby Blast54 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Let's see what you got :mrgreen:
Maybe the mods can put a "misc" category in
Blast54

Postby n1bsbri » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm not a moderator, but I don't see anything that restricts the for sale sections to gun related items. Or if it's a problem, I'm with Bill, let's put in a "misc" category.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Postby demjones » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm with Bill, too. I see no problem with non-gun items, although a 'Misc' subcategory might be nice. Keeping deals within the community can be a good thing!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby shovel1966 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:01 am

Thank you for the advice, opinions, and support. I will be moving from RI to northern Virginia in about 10 or 11 months and would love to to cut down on some of my bulk and weight. I will be out of town for a couple more weeks so will not be taking pictures and listing anything until I get back home. I have started a lengthy list of stuff from my garage that will be first to be listed upon my return towards the end of the month.

I also think a "miscellaneous" section added to the equipment exchange section of the forum would serve a good purpose. Or..... the "Free Stuff" section could be turned into the misc section. After all, it hasn't had any action in over 18 months.
shovel1966

Postby n1bsbri » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:44 am

I'll have to post up some of my free stuff. Let's see, I've got a coffee can full of spent primers, a broken depriming pin from my press, quite a few bore patches only used once. And some computer stuff, floppy drives, 500 MB hard drives, a dot matrix plrinter. Thanks for the reminder! :lol:
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Return to General Discussion