Did Stop & Shop change their firearms policy?

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Did Stop & Shop change their firearms policy?

Postby shovel1966 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:33 pm

This weekend I was at the Walmart shopping plaza in Newport and walked by the Stop & Shop. It seems to me they used to have a "No Weapons" (gun inside red circle with diagonal red line across) sign posted on both doors. Now there is a different sign on both entrances that lists the prohibited items on the premises, but guns or weapons are not on the list. Did Stop & Shop change their firearms policy or is it just this store?
IMG_3760.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shovel1966

Re: Did Stop & Shop change their firearms policy?

Postby MM2(SS) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 pm

The signs that were up before were only up for a few days then they disappeared & were replaced with what they have now. That was within the last year, I don't remember exactly when but there is a thread somewhere in the forum about it.
An armed society is a polite society!
MM2(SS)

Postby shovel1966 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:26 pm

I knew the "no guns" signs recently went up at the two locations near my house. I haven't been to or even been close to the front doors of a Shop & Shop since then until yesterday. I wonder if they felt pressure or if something else happened to change their mind.
shovel1966

Postby newportri » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Stop and Shop had a sign like that about a year or so ago. I emailed the corporate office a couple of times, but never heard back from them. I talked to the store manager I said that I did not feel welcome in the store with that policy in place. The manager (a woman) said I was welcome as long as I didn't carry a gun, but I said I was not interested in that. I said that me and my wife shop there several times a week and would go somewhere else unless the policy was changed. I would think that they might have gotten other similar responses as well since shortly after this the sign was down. I hope everyone do the same when they see a sign like this that they don't approve of.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Return to General Discussion