Appendix Carry holster suggestions

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Appendix Carry holster suggestions

Postby MasterGuns2077 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:01 pm

I just got my permit, and am carrying using a blade-tech holster. I'm a pretty slender guy, and appendix carry is the only style that I feel adequately conceals the weapon on me but also keeps it accessible. I wore the holster and weapon around my house for a while before I got my permit, just to get used to it. It works pretty well with a loose fitting t-shirt or an untucked collared shirt, but I'd like something that can be worn with a tucked in shirt. I've noticed Crossbreed holsters, they look pretty comfortable and sturdy. Any suggestions from anyone out there who carries appendix?
MasterGuns2077

Re: Appendix Carry holster suggestions

Postby RImike » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:46 am

Depends on your build, but I have a N8^2 holster and that works quite well.
RImike

Postby shovel1966 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:57 pm

I have a horse hide CrossBreed appendix holster for a sub-compact Glock and it is very comfortable, thin and durable. I also have a Comp-Tac MTAC for Springfield Armory XDs. I like the Comp-Tac a little better and it's more adjustable. I like the fact that you can purchase different kydex pieces for different guns without having to purchase an entire new holster. All the rivets, screws and metal pieces are also covered up with leather on the back side of the Comp-Tac (unlike the CrossBreed)

I have boxes of different holsters I have tried and don't like for daily use. After years of trying and trying different ones, I've got it down to the above two for appendix carry. I know your post is concerning appendix carry but just wanted to mention that I also use the Smart Carry for every day, all day deep concealment.
shovel1966

Postby MasterGuns2077 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:09 pm

I'm definitely leaning towards the Cross Breed and N8^2, they're similarly priced and seem to have good reviews as far as comfort goes. The hard plastic of the blade-tec took its toll today. I recently ordered an NRA pocket holster. Nothing fancy, now that it's getting cooler I find myself wearing heavier coats with plenty of breast pocket space.
MasterGuns2077

Postby RImike » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:27 am

I carry a 938 in a N8^2, if anyone wants to check it out, PM me.
RImike

Postby MasterGuns2077 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Quick update, picked up a Blackhawk A.R.C. holster, should be in on Monday. It's not a holster you can tuck with but I've read good stuff about it. Only cost $20 and is supposed to be super adjustable so I figured why not? I'll update after I've worn it a bit.
MasterGuns2077

Postby Blast54 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I see you posted pocket carry in an earlier post.
I am a big fan of pocket carry because it is just so convenient that I go NOWHERE without it.
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/k5.htm those are the best as far as I am concerned.
Been using that holster for ten years with a Kahr PM9 unless heading into the city when it is time for the Glock 19 and a couple extra mags.
Blast54

Postby newportri » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 am

Pocket holsters are great and I use my kahr p380 in a pocket holster a lot in the summer when I dress light. Otherwise I use a g26 in an Upper Limit by Mitch Rosen. This is an OWB holster and very comfortable.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby newportri » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 am

Just came across this holster. Interesting concept and looks nice, but I wonder if it works as well as it looks.
http://urbancarryholsters.com/
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby MasterGuns2077 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 am

I love my pocket holster, but it only really works with my slacks. I primarily use it with my coats.
I've thought about trying the urban carry holster, Apparently it works really well but again most of my jeans are on the slimmer side (NOT skinny jeans ;) ) and I'm not sure how well it would conceal with those.
MasterGuns2077

Next

Return to General Discussion