Truck toll

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Truck toll

Postby SirSqueeboo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 am

Is it as drastic as people are saying? I'm out of touch with RI current events, so I'm mostly going off of facebook rants.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Re: Truck toll

Postby newportri » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:26 am

The truck toll is stupid for many reasons. They say it will raise about $45m/yr. It will cost about $5m/yr to operate. The bonds will cost about $25. Brian Newberry has a nice 5 minute speech at the state house where he explained all this. The bottom line is that we are only going to get about $15m/yr in revenues for these tolls.. If the legislators are not able to find that money in a $9 Billion budget (for a small state like RI), then they must be incompetent.

I also think it it is fundamentally wrong that one group (trucks) should pay for the tolls even though I don't own any 18 wheelers. I also think it is a privacy issue. Once these gantries are up, "they" will be able to track where we all go since I believe they will scan all license plates.

And of course, once the gantries are in, it's just matter of time before they toll passenger cars as well.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Re: Truck toll

Postby jcat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Not to mention when large RI based enterprises like Job Lot speak out against the toll, the state's answer is to give an exemption to them...

so why have it in the first place?
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Return to General Discussion