Share Your Favorite Books

A general form where all topics can be discussed.

Share Your Favorite Books

Postby JohnyMac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

I did a quick search and I didn't see a post for this topic. So here are my resent reads and I can recommend all three!

Unintended Consequences John Ross
Enimies Foreign and Domestic trilogy Matt Bracken: http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/ I have read the first two and just downloaded the
third one onto my computer from Amazon.

Share your top reads both fiction and non-fiction. :D
JohnyMac

Re: Share Your Favorite Books

Postby n1bsbri » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I have read Bracken Enemies Foreign and Domestic, good read. I'll probably get the other two.

Recently I have read Mas Ayoob In the Gravest Extreme, highly recommended.
Also I started Holbrook Founder's Second Amendment, that's a heavy read, but very good.
I am also in the process of reading Levin Ameritopia.

I wish I didn't have to work, I could spend a lot more time reading :)
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Postby newportri » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I also read "In the Gravest Extreme", and it's a good book for anyone interested in CCW. I'll donate the book to RIFOL, and if anyone is interested in reading it, send me a PM and I will mail it to you. The only thing I will ask for is that you read the book, and pass it on to the next person who requests it.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby SirSqueeboo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Atlas Shrugged
Lucifer's Hammer
The Fountainhead
One Second After
Swan Song
Brave New World
Starship Troopers
Vince Flynn's "Mitch Rapp" line

Recent reads:

Green Eyes and Black Rifles
War in the Shadows--The Guerrilla in History
The Battle for Hunger Hill: The 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment at the Joint Readiness Training Center
The Tactical Advantage: A Definitive Study Of Personal Small-Arms Tactics
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby JohnyMac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Some great reads guys!

One Second After was the turning point for my wife. Once she read that she was all into Prepping.

If you liked One Second After SirSqueeboo, you may want to read Patriots by James Rawles. He just releasted a new book called Survivors that clears up some of the gaps in Patriots.

I have a PDF of Unintended Consequences on my computer. If anybody would like an "E" version PM me and I will send it to you. This book is currently banned in Canada. The author was harrased by the FBI during it's first printing. He had to change a few lines in the book before the second printing was released.

I just finished Atlas shrugged: CD version. I would listen to it during long drives. It was amazing!!!

Newportri, thank you for the offer. I may take you up on it. :D
JohnyMac

Postby newportri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am

Wow, it looks like this forum is turning into a book reading club :-)

JohnyMac, send me a PM with the address you want me to send it to. It reads fast and I think most people can read it in a month and if no one else requests if after a month, I request that you send it back to me.
http://www.amazon.com/In-Gravest-Extreme-Personal-Protection/dp/0936279001/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333497058&sr=8-1

I am not giving away the following books, but they are also highly recommended.
This one I read over xmas and it has amazing stories from various battles in the Middle east after 9/11, even some about men who received the Medal of Honor.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Heroes-Special-Operations-Oliver/dp/B006Z2UV6U/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333497110&sr=1-3

This is also a great book about legendary sniper Carlos Hathcock (93 confirmed kills). It starts out with his early life where he hunting with a .22 to feed his family. It then goes into his military career and amazing service in Vietnam.
http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Sniper-Confirmed-Henderson-Foreword/dp/B004HS5O9S/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333497898&sr=1-6
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby JohnyMac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 am

Cool beans Newportri!

Great suggestions!
JohnyMac

Postby SirSqueeboo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 am

JohnyMac wrote:Some great reads guys!

One Second After was the turning point for my wife. Once she read that she was all into Prepping.

If you liked One Second After SirSqueeboo, you may want to read Patriots by James Rawles. He just releasted a new book called Survivors that clears up some of the gaps in Patriots.

I have a PDF of Unintended Consequences on my computer. If anybody would like an "E" version PM me and I will send it to you. This book is currently banned in Canada. The author was harrased by the FBI during it's first printing. He had to change a few lines in the book before the second printing was released.

I just finished Atlas shrugged: CD version. I would listen to it during long drives. It was amazing!!!

Newportri, thank you for the offer. I may take you up on it. :D

I liked Patriots, although I was annoyed by his tedious description of every piece of gear. Overall, I liked it enough to buy it.

Surprisingly enough a lot of people have told me that the Hunger Games trilogy is pretty good. I think I might give that a try.

A book I really enjoyed was Brothers, Rivals, Victors: Eisenhower, Patton, Bradley and the Partnership that Drove the Allied Conquest in Europe If you are a history buff, then this is a must read!
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby JohnyMac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Another good book is Lights Out by David Crawford.

For along time it was not available in print only an "E" book. It is now out in paperback. My wife LOVED this book! She read it right after One Second After.

Thanks for all of the book suggestions.
JohnyMac

Postby mohoho » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I just read a few comments on In the Gravest Extreme. Seems like a great book.

John, when you finish the book, can you pass that to me? Thanks. :D
mohoho

Next

Return to General Discussion