Gun control group says 80 percent in R.I. would take guns...

This is a forum for posting current local and national news articles.

Gun control group says 80 percent in R.I. would take guns...

Postby newportri » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:27 pm

This is another study paid for by the gun grabbers and they can get their outcome they want to get..
I didn't participate in the study, but I would like to know what the questions were. I bet they didn't specify whether they are talking about a felony, misdemeanor, or petty conviction...
Gun control group says 80 percent in R.I. would take guns from those convicted of domestic violence
Posted Apr. 16, 2015 at 8:49 AM

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- More than three quarters of Rhode Islanders support tightening state law to prevent domestic violence offenders from possessing firearms, according to survey released by gun-control advocacy group Thursday.

In the survey of 839 likely Rhode Island voters, 80 percent said they support a proposal that would prohibit anyone convicted of domestic violence, or who is under a restraining order, from buying or possessing a gun, according to a news release from Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. The survey had a margin of error of 3.4 percent.

Among the survey respondents, 76 percent said they support making anyone convicted of domestic violence or the subject of a restraining order turn in any guns they already own.

The survey, conducted by SurveyUSA, comes as advocates push a series of bills in the General Assembly that would tighten existing Rhode Island gun laws. They are holding a rally Thursday afternoon at the State House to support the bills.

In particular, the survey was intended to show support for bills sponsored in the House by Rep. Teresa Tanzi, D-South Kingstown, and in the Senate by Sen. Cynthia Coyne, D-Barrington, that would prevent anyone under a restraining order or convicted of domestic violence to possess a gun.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150416/NEWS/150419466/-1/breaking_ajax
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Return to News