2015: S662 - Will make the AG Shall Issue!

Announcements about upcoming legislation in RI and nationally.

Re: 2015: S662 - Will make the AG Shall Issue!

Postby newportri » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:40 am

The bill has a hearing on March 17th and I can't support it either in it's current form, which is too bad since it's introduced by pro gun legislators. We will give the impression that we are opposing each other.. Not good.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby RImike » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:06 pm

newportri wrote:The bill has a hearing on March 17th and I can't support it either in it's current form, which is too bad since it's introduced by pro gun legislators. We will give the impression that we are opposing each other.. Not good.

I just checked and I didn't see it scheduled for hearing, is this another bill tracker error?
RImike

Postby newportri » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm

My mistake, the bill does not have a hearing. I got a Bill Tracker update and many of the other bills were having a hearing, but not this bill. It was on the list since I subscribed to it that day.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby MM2(SS) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 am

newportri wrote:I believe CT is one central licensing authority at least for non-residents. I am not sure how it works for residents. However, they are May Issue, but they still issue to pretty much anyone who meets the requirements.
MA has local licensing authority for residents. Some of them issue and some of them don't. They are May Issue so there isn't much you can do if you are denied and I don't think the Comm2A has been very successful in suing over a denial.

For CT residents you apply to your town and get a 60 day temporary permit that is only good in the town it is issued in. You then apply to the CSP and they issue the state permit. Non residents with their home state permit apply directly to the CSP Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, and they issue the state permit. CT is a 5 yr. permit & they send you a notice when your permit will expire. CT is a may issue state but, they act more like shall issue since you need a permit to even transport your gun to the range. I got the CT permit pretty easily other than the fact that it was right after Sandy Hook & it took a bit longer than usual because they got overwhelmed with applications. There is only one person that does non resident permits in CT.
An armed society is a polite society!
MM2(SS)

Previous

Return to Current Legislation