Firearm Response Letter

Post information about upcoming elections, tea parties, etc.

Re: Firearm Response Letter

Postby leisgem » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 am

So I hit up all of the reps/sens So far I got Costa, Chippendale (pro but known), Fiin(anti also known but not posted), and Newbery (pro), if I hear back from more I'll post them, I'm also going to hit any non-responders again (and again and again) until I get a response.
leisgem

Postby ripatriot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:23 am

I think we'd do better to also phone our representatives and not just email them. I've been told that a phone call in their mind equals 10 or 20 emails.
Live free or die
ripatriot

Postby RLS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am

On the important issues, I also snail mail them to their residence. Emails are one key away from the trash bin. I don't know anybody who tosses unopened personally addressed letters. I Agree with the phone calls, even when I 've left messages, they call back. If you need help looking up a particular pol's address or phone, please ask.
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them ... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." - Senator Dianne Feinstein
RLS

Postby RLS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

On the vote to proceed to debate on President Obama’s anti-gun agenda, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid succeeded in overcoming Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster, 13 NRA "A Rated" Republicans and 9 "A Rated" Democrats voted to help him do it, plus 2 more NRA "B Rated" politicians.

This is one of the reasons we cannot rest on what rating a politician has been given by the NRA. Even with Representative Larry Valencia introducing anti gun legislation in 2011, the NRA still listed him as a "?" in the 2012 election. We can use the ratings as a rough guide, but we need to get out there with letters and calls and found out who is on our side and who is not. "We the People" of RI need to look out for our own future.
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them ... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." - Senator Dianne Feinstein
RLS

Postby leisgem » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 pm

You can add Canario and Craven to the Pro reps side, seems like I'm getting responses from the House and not the Senate
leisgem

Postby leisgem » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 am

Rep. Fellela has replied that she is not planning on voting for any of the bills.
leisgem

Postby newportri » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:16 am

leisgem wrote:Rep. Fellela has replied that she is not planning on voting for any of the bills.

Not voting at all??
It's better than voting for them, but I would prefer if she voted against them.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby leisgem » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am

newportri wrote:
leisgem wrote:Rep. Fellela has replied that she is not planning on voting for any of the bills.

Not voting at all??
It's better than voting for them, but I would prefer if she voted against them.

Nope, she is not planning on voting FOR any of the bills, she stated that she believes the existing laws are plenty.
leisgem

Postby newportri » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Sorry, my bad for misunderstanding.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby tk421991 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:20 am

I received a response from Sen. Ryan W. Pearson of District 19, Cumberland/Lincoln. I can send the scanned copy of the letter if needed via PM or email. He gave a lukewarm response, neither pro or anti gun.
tk421991

PreviousNext

Return to Elections & Activism