Robert Healey

Post information about upcoming elections, tea parties, etc.

Robert Healey

Postby TheDuke » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 pm

I know Healey's been around for long time here in RI Politics but I'm just now looking into what he's all about and the little that I have seen/heard of him I kinda like. With that said, I've heard him make comments in strong support of the Constitution and in 2nd Amendment but he went on to clarify that he doesn't really identify with either Pro-2A or Pro-gun control crowds but that his support lies in his belief that the intent of the 2A is that was put there to enable the people to unseat the government if they saw the need to.

So, I'm wondering what people here think that means? Would he be an ally to us here or a potential threat to our freedoms? I kind of get the sense that he's somewhat of an ally but not sure he's 100% aligned with pro-

Curious to know your thoughts. Let me know...
TheDuke
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby Blast54 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Healy is doing nothing more but taking away votes from Fung. Those that are not planning on voting for Raimondo will either vote for Fung or Healey basically splitting the vote and guaranteeing a victory for Raimondo.

Just the way I see it....
For those old enough, it is kinda like voting for Ross Perot! Feels good but is not good.
Blast54
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby TheDuke » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm not saying I'm gonna vote for him, and I'm not saying that I won't, I'm more interested in what other people here may know about his stance on the 2A beyond what I mentioned above.

And I'm old enough to remember Ross Perot, and at first glance Healey seems to be a hell of a lot smarter than Ross. I know what Healey represents as far as being the guy who can take votes away from the other 2 candidates but there can come a point where a 3rd party candidate isn't just "that guy" if he/she actually has some substance to his/her message along with the real ability to govern. At that point it makes them a real and viable candidate. If it's apparent that the guys got it all over the other two candidates and aligns with all of the views we have then why wouldn't you vote for them? I'm just looking to educate myself.
TheDuke
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby n1bsbri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Healy has as much chance of being governor as I do (none). A vote for him is a vote taken away fron Fung, who is a known 2A supporter. Why waste your vote?
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
User avatar
n1bsbri
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby newportri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:40 pm

I haven't seen the debates since I know I am voting for Fung. However, from what I have heard Healey has come out as a likeable candidate with many good ideas and I am also hoping will steal many votes from Gina since there are also many Dems that despise her. I think most Reps know how important it is that they vote for Fung and that they won't throw their vote away on Healey.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri
 
Posts: 4603
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Robert Healey

Postby Blast54 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm

TheDuke wrote:And I'm old enough to remember Ross Perot, and at first glance Healey seems to be a hell of a lot smarter than Ross. .


This is interesting and I am curious what makes you think that.
Ross- set records with IBM, worth 3.9 billion today ( nobody gave him anything he earned it ) , fought gun control, helped Steve Jobs founding APPLE. The list goes on and on. He has quite the past.

Except for losing seven times, what has Healey done that makes you want to vote for him or should I say, put him in such high esteem?

Just hate to see him take even 5 or 10% of the vote. That could be the deal breaker.
Blast54
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby TheDuke » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm aware of Perot's past both as a businessman and a patriot, and I'm not knocking his accomplishments as either but as a politician I felt he lacked substance, that's all.

Look I think you're misreading what I'm saying here. I didnt think I said anything about Healey here that would lead you to believe that I hold him in such high esteem. All I was looking for was some info on the guy. I'm voting Fung and I told him as much this past Sunday at the Friends of the NRA dinner.

With that said Healey does present some good ideas that he's able to logically lay out there without all of the usual political BS that you get from the others. If he was willing to be more of a politician, campaign, change his appearance, etc. instead of just trying to make his point I'm sure he'd garner more support. And, I'd vote for him over Raimondo any day if it came down to that.
TheDuke
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby Blast54 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Mr. Duke,
It was the "hell of a lot smarter than Ross Perot" statement that made me think you held Mr. Healey in high esteem. I was just curious why you doubted Ross Perot's intelligence.
I agree with you about Healey having some good ideas just bothers me that he will take a certain amount of votes without a shot of being governor.

The position really has so little power to do or change anything, it doesn't really matter a whole lot if Obama was governor of this state.
Blast54
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby n1bsbri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 pm

TheDuke wrote:I'm aware of Perot's past both as a businessman and a patriot, and I'm not knocking his accomplishments as either but as a politician I felt he lacked substance, that's all.

Look I think you're misreading what I'm saying here. I didnt think I said anything about Healey here that would lead you to believe that I hold him in such high esteem. All I was looking for was some info on the guy. I'm voting Fung and I told him as much this past Sunday at the Friends of the NRA dinner.

With that said Healey does present some good ideas that he's able to logically lay out there without all of the usual political BS that you get from the others. If he was willing to be more of a politician, campaign, change his appearance, etc. instead of just trying to make his point I'm sure he'd garner more support. And, I'd vote for him over Raimondo any day if it came down to that.

Not sure why you are thinking Healey is so smart? During the debate the other night, he was asked if he supported the bond referenda on the election. He stated he was going to wait and see, and "read up on them" before the election. Don't you think someone who was serious about being governor would have already researched the issues? (About 31:00 into the debate if you want to hear for yourself.)

He is not serious, he's just a spoiler. John Robitaille didn't get his chance to be governor because of the influence of the much better informed Ken Block taking votes away. We ended up with the oh-so-smart Linc Chafee. This time we will get the Wall St. swindler Gina Raimondo.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
User avatar
n1bsbri
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: Robert Healey

Postby x45 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 pm

TheDuke wrote:I'm not saying I'm gonna vote for him, and I'm not saying that I won't, I'm more interested in what other people here may know about his stance on the 2A beyond what I mentioned above.

And I'm old enough to remember Ross Perot, and at first glance Healey seems to be a hell of a lot smarter than Ross. I know what Healey represents as far as being the guy who can take votes away from the other 2 candidates but there can come a point where a 3rd party candidate isn't just "that guy" if he/she actually has some substance to his/her message along with the real ability to govern. At that point it makes them a real and viable candidate. If it's apparent that the guys got it all over the other two candidates and aligns with all of the views we have then why wouldn't you vote for them? I'm just looking to educate myself.


I remember those debates with Ross, and I have to say I did like him! Now is this true about him? If so it just goes to show you that the country would have been better off if only he had gotten more votes..... :cry:

"After lobbying the American and Iranian governments to free his captured executives to no avail, Ross Perot did what any of us would do: He used his network of old military buddies to form a strike team with the intent of freeing the hostages without any government help."
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.” – George Washington
User avatar
x45
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:06 am

Next

Return to Elections & Activism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest