Robert Healey

Post information about upcoming elections, tea parties, etc.

Re: Robert Healey

Postby TheDuke » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 am

Just for the record I voted for Fung
TheDuke

Postby jcat » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:50 am

All that crap about 'no vote is ever wasted'.

BULLSHIT!

Healy took 64,000 votes. Half as many as it took Raimondo to win.

If even HALF of those votes had gone to Fung, we'd have been all set.

Add to it the following got voted in: Kilmartin, Magaziner, Gorbea, and McKee. All dems.

Disgraceful. I love my job, I love my house, and I love living so close to my family. However, I see myself leaving this state within the next decade for sure.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby RImike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:54 am

Considering how many votes he got, it appears that people aren't voting with the "master lever" but hey, atleast Finn got voted out, no need to drink to much.
RImike

Postby jcat » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:00 am

RImike wrote:Considering how many votes he got, it appears that people aren't voting with the "master lever" but hey, atleast Finn got voted out, no need to drink to much.

RAIMONDO is governor and you say no need to drink too much?

Shit man, no way. We're screwed. We are in for the fight of our lives this upcoming session. Every office from gov on down is blue. Even treasurer, Magaziner got elected. HOW IN THE HELL?!?!?!
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby newportri » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 am

She better be spending her efforts in improving the economy in RI...
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby RImike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:00 pm

jcat wrote:
RImike wrote:Considering how many votes he got, it appears that people aren't voting with the "master lever" but hey, atleast Finn got voted out, no need to drink to much.

RAIMONDO is governor and you say no need to drink too much?

Shit man, no way. We're screwed. We are in for the fight of our lives this upcoming session. Every office from gov on down is blue. Even treasurer, Magaziner got elected. HOW IN THE HELL?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I am still advocating for drinking here, just a tad bit less than expected since Finn got voted out.
RImike

Postby SirSqueeboo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:40 pm

jcat wrote:All that crap about 'no vote is ever wasted'.

BULLSHIT!

Healy took 64,000 votes. Half as many as it took Raimondo to win.

If even HALF of those votes had gone to Fung, we'd have been all set.

Add to it the following got voted in: Kilmartin, Magaziner, Gorbea, and McKee. All dems.

Disgraceful. I love my job, I love my house, and I love living so close to my family. However, I see myself leaving this state within the next decade for sure.

That's under the assumption that a large amount conservatives voted for him. The only ones I know who voted for him were liberals. I'd say overall he siphoned more votes from Raimondi than Fung.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby TheDuke » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:51 pm

People in this State are morons. The whole country shifts to the Republicans but this State does the complete opposite and goes Dem all the way! I must be an idiot because apparently people are doing a lot better for themselves here in RI than I am. I must be the only one here that's sick of paying the high taxes, high unemployment, shitty roads, corruption, incompetence....

Anyway, with things being as bad as they are here in RI I didn't see things getting much worse, or really that much better (its still RI after all) under either Fung or Healey, but I defintely think things are gonna get worse under Raimondo, especially for the 2nd Amendment. Things she's come out and said during her campaign have got me REALLY concerned. Just the fact that there's so much else that she should be concentrating on but she still felt the need to keep making our guns a focal point tells me she's defintely gonna make a play for them. I think she's gonna come at us just like Cuomo did in NY and Malloy in CT.

I'm ratcheting up the drinking AND stocking up on hi-caps, :(
TheDuke

Postby newportri » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:18 pm

I am no political expert, but I said the same about Healey as SirSqueebo said; that he would take a lot of votes from Gina. She really pissed off a lot of people with the pension reform, but a lot of those probably didn't want to vote for a Rep so they voted for Healey. There is no way of knowing for sure though.

As I said earlier, there were 'some' good news both in RI (Finn and Valencia got booted) and in Washington. There is still a reason for many to drink, but at least they can drink alcohol and not poison..
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby RImike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:19 pm

To bad this state doesn't have a run-off style election where the candidates need to have more than 51% of the votes, not a majority of the votes.
RImike

PreviousNext

Return to Elections & Activism