Dawson Hodgson

Post information about upcoming elections, tea parties, etc.

Dawson Hodgson

Postby n1bsbri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:38 am

AG candidate Dawson Hodgson on the NRA:
“I’ve been pretty clear that I don’t think the NRA is helpful when it comes to firearms,” Hodgson, a former state prosecutor, said. The tenor of the debate should “mature and respectful,” he said.

Just a trip down memory lane, here is what he said a year ago regarding an Republican raffle of an AR-15:
His potential GOP opponent urged the state party to reconsider. Deputy Senate Minority Leader Dawson Hodgson, a North Kingstown Republican who has expressed interest in running for attorney general, issued this statement: “The decision to hold this raffle is tone deaf and insensitive, at best.

Nice to know where the Republican candidate comes down on supporting gun owners.

I had my doubts about him before, but now they are confirmed. We are screwed either way, with Kilmartin or Hodgson.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Re: Dawson Hodgson

Postby newportri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 am

It's very disappointing to say the least, but I hope at least that if he is the next AG that there will be some improvements.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby n1bsbri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

I hope that after he loses, he quits politics for good, and goes to work at a car wash or something where he can't damage the cause.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Postby RImike » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Do you guys not understand politics 101? If not, I suggest you read an entry level political science book. Do you not understand the political scene of RI politics where as half the voters in the state are unaffiliated with a political party? Did you not notice the emphasis of "INDEPENDENT" in his ads? The only way for Dawson to win the seat of AG is to get the independent vote, and that justifies his comments. You try running on a platform with your ideas and see how quickly you won't get elected. Enough on politics 101, more on Dawson.

I know Dawson personally, my wife went to high school with him, and we get together regularly. He is very on our side in support of the 2nd and most important, the way firearm rights are protected in the state. He knows the proper way to go about firearm violence, go after repeat criminals that have a proven track record of breaking the law instead of his opponent which seek the easy way out and target law abiding citizens like you and me.

His statements while questionable, might dis-enfranchise a small percentage of affiliated RI voters (5%), but garnish the support of independents (50%) and that right there is Politics 101.
RImike

Postby newportri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:53 pm

It's not just about what he says publicly or what he tweeted a couple of weeks ago regarding his views on magazine capacity since I can understand that he is about getting votes. However, he has made some statements to other very pro gun legislators (one on one) as well as other gun organizations that has made some people question his support and I know he has already lost some votes because of this.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby n1bsbri » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:02 pm

I get it, politicians lie to get elected. I'm just very disappointed. I don't think trashing the NRA and its 5 million members is the way to go here. He could have been a little more subtle rather than make a sweeping statement. I disagree with some NRA tactics too, but to say they are "not helpful" is ridiculous.
n1bsbri

Return to Elections & Activism