MDA member caught lying to TX legislature (Shocking, I know)

Post information about upcoming elections, tea parties, etc.

MDA member caught lying to TX legislature (Shocking, I know)

Postby SirSqueeboo » Sun May 24, 2015 7:44 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/05/22/moms-demand-action-witness-caught-misleading-texas-state-senators-during-testimony/

A woman testifying for Moms Demand Action has been called on the carpet for misleading the Texas Senate for implying by omission that the tragic killing of her husband by her son resulted from the use of a firearm. In reality, her son killed his father with a pipe wrench and a knife. The fact that her son owned what she called “an arsenal” had no bearing on the murder.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Re: MDA member caught lying to TX legislature (Shocking, I k

Postby n1bsbri » Sun May 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Seems to be their standard M.O.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Postby shovel1966 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Very Shameful.
shovel1966

Postby newportri » Thu May 28, 2015 2:54 pm

shovel1966 wrote:Very Shameful.

They don't know what that means.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby Thib » Thu May 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Like the local MDA mom posting in a huge Facebook group designed for parents of students in Cranston? Stating that the scary CCW "loophole" that allows guns in schools must be stopped, and thanking the school committee for supporting the bill... vague and misleading information and all.
Thib

Postby RImike » Thu May 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Thib wrote:

Like the local MDA mom posting in a huge Facebook group designed for parents of students in Cranston? Stating that the scary CCW "loophole" that allows guns in schools must be stopped, and thanking the school committee for supporting the bill... vague and misleading information and all.

You should read their twitter posts, misleading is an understatement at best.
RImike

Postby newportri » Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 pm

The RICAGV does the same. I posted something on their timeline to "correct" their mid-information a little while ago. They like to give people the impression that "anyone" can carry a handgun on school property and it is not until they are questioned/cornered that they say it is only those who are licensed who can do it.
newportri

Postby Thib » Thu May 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I'm surprises your post wasn't deleted... I've had that happen.
Thib

Postby newportri » Thu May 28, 2015 7:45 pm

They hadn't deleted it the last time I checked, but they might have done it by now. I checked back a few days later, and they still hadn't responded to my latest response. By the time they might have gotten to it, the facebook thread was probably old and no one noticed anyway. I know I won't be able change the views of the RICAGV, but I hope that at least their followers (the hundreds of thousands they claim they have...) will soon realize that the RICAGV are not telling the truth..
newportri

Postby RImike » Fri May 29, 2015 1:25 am

Kathy from the ProJo calls them out quite often on twitter, which I use to troll them with. They were claiming MASS has a ban on magazines over 10 rounds, and when I corrected them that "pre-ban" magazines over 10 rounds are not banned, Kathy called them out on it, silence. Same thing as Newport offered about the misleading firearms on school grounds, Kathy called them out on it, silence.

The problem is they will push mis-information as much as possible, even if they are wrong, who cares. I am fairly certain that Linda Finn is still the moderator for their sight and social media accounts. After all, the RICAGV is still registered to her home address according to whois.net
RImike

Next

Return to Elections & Activism