Non-Resident MA & CT permits with RI Restricted Permit

Post questions about RI law and obtaining a carry permit here.

Re: Non-Resident MA & CT permits with RI Restricted Permit

Postby newportri » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 am

When I spoke with Sullivan at a hearing this spring, he was still ignorant of the law. I would like to see him taken to court and answer a judge..
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby RImike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

newportri wrote:When I spoke with Sullivan at a hearing this spring, he was still ignorant of the law. I would like to see him taken to court and answer a judge..

Judging by his caviler attitude at the same hearing, I am sure he knows what the law is and chooses to ignore it and do as he wishes. I wonder what the towns solicitor's stance on this is.
RImike

Postby newportri » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Even if the town solicitor explained the law to the Chief he would still ignore it and do what he wants.
newportri

Postby n1bsbri » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:44 pm

newportri wrote:Even if the town solicitor explained the law to the Chief he would still ignore it and do what he wants.

Yep, this is one of the many problems we have. I don't care how many favorable court cases you have, or what the laws say, the police chiefs will do whatever they want. The only remedy we have is to sue them, over and over. They get to spend the town's money, we have to spend our own, and they know it. Sure as sh*t, no one is going to arrest a Police Chief for not following the gun laws.

The only way it will change is if/when we get an Attorney General who will enforce the law. We haven't had one of those for quite a while, and I don't expect to have one in the foreseeable future.
“What New England is, is a state of mind, a place where dry humor and perpetual disappointment blend to produce an ironic pessimism that folks from away find most perplexing”― Willem Lange
n1bsbri

Postby newportri » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:55 pm

An almost bigger problem is that there doesn't appear to even be anyone willing to apply in Lincoln, so technically no one in Lincoln has been aggrieved...

We need legislation introduced where we can recover our legal fees if we win. After they lose a few cases they are more likely to be less arrogant and follow the law. I am confident the city council will not be happy with wasting tax money they don't have on cases they can't win.
newportri

Postby RImike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 pm

TK used to live in Lincoln but has since moved to NH with a girl and attend college there.
RImike

Postby stillwater » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:53 pm

YKCOR1313 wrote:"You must hold a valid permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by a recognized United States jurisdiction." This allows you to use any permit to apply and it doesn't have to be your home state. I did it without my home state and my friends did the same thing. People think Conn. is tough, but it's one of the easiest permits in the country. I like collecting permits so I apply to anyone who'll give me one. I forgot to mention PA as one of the next I need. PA requires your home state permit and you have to find a gun friendly county to apply for a non resident permit. I'm going to Centre County where they love guns. The woman who answered my call told me to bring my permit and twenty dollars and then she'd help me find a good place for lunch. Very friendly people in Centre County.

I apologize for randomly responding but I saw that you're looking for PA non-resident and already have a bunch of non-resident permits. If you have a New Hampshire non-resident license, PA recognizes it. Nevada also recognizes Rhode Island (I looked it up on the Nevada Attorney General's Site because I plan to visit my brother out there in a year or so).
stillwater

Previous

Return to Legal Questions / Carry Permits