Chrome Silicon Buffer Springs

Technical discussions relating to specific firearms.

Chrome Silicon Buffer Springs

Postby DinoT » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:22 am

Has anybody used one of these in their AR?
I'm doing research now, but I'm throwing out the ? anyway.
Thanks.
Secretary, Wincheck Gun Club, West Greenwich, RI

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
-Edmunde Burke (1770)
DinoT

Re: Chrome Silicon Buffer Springs

Postby SirSqueeboo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:07 am

I use them in all my ARs. It's recommended to replace the standard ones every 5,000 rounds. Seeing as I burn through a couple thousand per year, I figured buying a spring that will theoretically outlive me is a good investment. I have a brownell's brand and an H buffer in my HD carbine.

I'm trying out a Sprinco blue and an H2 buffer to see if it lives up to the hype, I'll probably be able to get to the range in the next week or so.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby jcat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Either of you guys ever tried the JP Silent buffer system? I like the looks of it for my .300 pistol but seems like it could be gimmicky.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby SirSqueeboo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:40 pm

jcat wrote:Either of you guys ever tried the JP Silent buffer system? I like the looks of it for my .300 pistol but seems like it could be gimmicky.

It is gimicky. I was looking into it, but a friend of mine who had one said it's all hype. It does its job, just not well enough to justify the price. He knows a good amount of people in the industry, so I trust his judgement.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Return to Firearms