Lap Top Review: FNH FNS-9

Technical discussions relating to specific firearms.

Re: Lap Top Review: FNH FNS-9

Postby a1983 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Hows that checkering on the grip feel? It looks pretty aggressive. I put some wooden grips on a pistol of mine but I found the sharp checkering was not very pleasant. Nice looking guns though.
a1983

Re: Lap Top Review: FNH FNS-9

Postby jcat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:43 pm

a1983 wrote:Hows that checkering on the grip feel? It looks pretty aggressive. I put some wooden grips on a pistol of mine but I found the sharp checkering was not very pleasant. Nice looking guns though.

It really does look aggressive, but surprisingly in the hand it's not that bad. The only issue I had when taking TacDynamic's Defensive Handgun 1 course was that toward the end of the day (~400rds and lots of drawing/holstering) my strong hand ring finger was getting a bit of a blister on it and I had to put gloves on, but all the rest of my fingers were fine. I'm sure it'll take getting used to.

I had a Remington R1 1911 enhanced that had the real grippy VZ G10s on it from the factory, and I really didn't like them. These grips are not that bad at all. On the 1911 I added a hogue finger groove girp, but with these I think the slip on finger groove sleeve might make them too fat.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Previous

Return to Firearms