Back into the fray....another AR build.

Technical discussions relating to specific firearms.

Re: Back into the fray....another AR build.

Postby Thib » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:05 am

JCat, My Stag 8+ Piston AR came with diamondheads (Not the swing out's) and I absolutely fell in love with them. Something natural about the diamond shape just seem to work with my eyes...
Thib

Postby jcat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:54 am

Quick update. Primary arms has 20% off a bunch of brands right now, and one of those brands was diamond head. I was going to buy them anyway, so the opportunity to get a $220 set of sights for $180 shipped was all I needed to pull the trigger.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby jcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Just received my MFT NRAT paracord strap and put it on the minimalist stock. Holy hell, what a pain it was to tie that final knot but it looks really nice and I can definitely see it being a worthwhile accessory, 8ft or so of paracord right there on the rifle.

Also received the Diamondhead D45 sights. These things are super high quality and I absolutely love the diamond shape. The large aperture is big enough so that I can be looking through my EOTech, deploy the sights, twist the rifle and acquire the sight picture almost instantly, without having to shut one eye and refocus.

I will say that it's going to take some finagling in terms of placement of my eotech and if/when I get a magnifier behind it, as to where that's gonna go. Thankfully my rail is free floated so I won't really have to worry about putting the EOTech on it and the extra weight influencing the barrel at all.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby jcat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Update, with progress!

Here's how the build has shaken out thus far:

Lower:

-Black Rain billet lower with CMMG Small parts
-ALG ACT Trigger
-Noveske ambi 60 degree selector
-BCM stock kit
-MFT Minimalist stock w/ NRAT 8ft paracord strap
-Magpul MOE+ grip

Upper:

-BCM 16" Midlength BFH cold hammer forged upper
-Midwest SSK12 12" Keymod handguard
-BCM Mod0 Compensator
-BCM BCG
-Rainier Raptor charging handle
-BCM keypad short VFG
-Diamondhead D-45 swing out offset sights
-EOTech 512.A65
-Inforce WMLx light

Not completely finished yet, still want to add a bipod, Magnifier behind the EOTech, maybe a laser (EOTech laser battery cap) or some other small stuff (mag release, BAD lever) if I feel like I have some money to burn. Exceptionally tight and solid fit, but still light enough to shoot for quite a while comfortably especially now that I added the VFG. Runs like a sewing machine.
jcat

Previous

Return to Firearms