Any Mini-14 owners here?

Technical discussions relating to specific firearms.

Any Mini-14 owners here?

Postby x45 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 pm

I just got my first ever Ruger rifle, and at first I was kinda skeptical about it but after the first day on the range with it all my skepticism was gone and I was really happy with it. Until I started looking for my spent cases, now I have OCD and I reload so I spent a lot of time looking for my brass, I mean it was no where to be found! Then slowly I started finding them WAY the heck far back and most all had gotten dings in the necks. The action also seems to have a unique clanging sound .......its been an interesting experience actually, shoot to the left by 5-6", had to move the rear sight almost all the way over to center the rounds on target at 100 yards. Needless to say my first google search that night was why does my mini-14 shoot to the left? All that said so far all rounds went down range and there was no jams or malfunctions on the first 60 rounds. Am I happy with it? Yes as long as it remains reliable, then I can work with it.
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.” – George Washington
x45

Re: Any Mini-14 owners here?

Postby newportri » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:19 am

....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby rijohng » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Used to own a Mini-14, and it would kick the brass pretty far.
rijohng

Postby x45 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:28 pm

rijohng wrote:Used to own a Mini-14, and it would kick the brass pretty far.

Mine dents the hell out of the neck opening, and that sucks cause I want to reload all my brass. Seems like I have to slightly shorten the ejection spring on my next mod.
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.” – George Washington
x45

Return to Firearms