PA10 question

Technical discussions relating to specific firearms.

Re: PA10 question

Postby RImike » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:50 am

To bad they don't offer a stripped lower so you could build it yourself. My friend bought one of the PSA lowers and after a year, had changed out 90% of the items on it. I think that if you want to run it as is then this is a deal however if you upgrade in the future, it might not be so good.

Also FYI your going to have to permanently attach the muzzle device because the barrel is less than 16" otherwise.

I'm really on the fence with this, I've been thinking about getting a .30 caliber rifle for some time. I think that for me if it's going to be .308, I'm going to go the precision route however lately I'm starting to like the .300 ACC round.
RImike

Postby newportri » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:17 am

I think the Lower parts would be OK and I don't think there would be much need to replace much unless it is garbage, other than the grip which is about $20-$30. I expect the trigger to be junk since they all are and I don't expect it to come with a $250 trigger anyway.
The barrel is 18".
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby jcat » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:18 am

I looked long and hard at the PA10 and decided against the platform for a number of reasons. I then decided against a .308 altogether for the time being.

The main reason being that the .308 AR pattern is a bit of a crapshoot. You have the Armalite pattern, and you have the DPMS pattern. DPMS parts don't fit Armalite and vise versa. The PSA fits in between the two somewhere, so you're shoehorned into buying parts from them for the most part if you decide to change anything. Or, you have to buy both patterns of the part in question and see which works.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Return to Firearms