Harvey handheld depriming tool

Use this area to discuss topics relating to hand loading or reloading ammunition.

Harvey handheld depriming tool

Postby shovel1966 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am

Harvey Deprimer.jpg
Since I started wet tumbling late last year, I have been depriming on my 550B. I have been putting the specific calibers toolhead in and only using the first station. Put brass in, deprime, and remove brass from first station. It seemed to work well, but was an extra step and I was in my mancave away from my family. A few months ago, I ordered and received the Harvey depriming tool and wit works SOOO well I can't believe it.

Not only is it a bit faster, I can deprime anywhere. Back deck, garage, living room, etc. I can spend quality time with my family and still get my depriming done. I've used it without any issues from .380acp to 30-06.

I haven't used the FA or any other manufacturers depriming tool to compare, but this thing is built solid.

For those of you who deprime before tumbling, what are your methods?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shovel1966

Re: Harvey handheld depriming tool

Postby Thib » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:07 am

I use that same device. Love it.
Thib

Postby demjones » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Same principle, different tool. I use the Frankford Arsenal hand deprimer. I can happily sit with the family and decap to my heart's content. I've done 9mm to .338 Lapua...no problem.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby demjones » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:39 pm

I'd never heard of the Harvey tool before, so checked it out on the web last night. I was impressed enough that I ordered one. The FA might just wind up in Dave's bin of extra tools. I'll let you know.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby demjones » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:36 pm

I received the Harvey tool and have decapped a bunch of 308 and 223. With only one exception I find it superior to the FA tool: it likes to spit primers all over the place. This is of course easily remedied, but the FA's primer collector made that easy. Thanks for the heads-up!
demjones

Return to Reloading