300 AAC Blackout

Use this area to discuss topics relating to hand loading or reloading ammunition.

Re: 300 AAC Blackout

Postby shovel1966 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 pm

SirSquee,

I don't hunt, I don't complete and I basicaly load and shoot for fun. I use open sights without bench rest and don't measure groupings with a ruler.

But........ with that said, I would say I've only shot these two loads at 50 yards so far and with the 180 grain I could almost cover the first 20 shots with a half dollar coin. The 165 grain wasn't quite that, but would guess that the grouping was less than two inches. Someone else with my firearm and my ammo probably could have done much better.

I bet the .300 blackout is more popular there in Texas than it is here in RI.
shovel1966

Postby SirSqueeboo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 pm

That's damn good accuracy for off-hand, and is making me very excited. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's catching on down here for hog hunts at night. Supposedly it sounds like a pellet gun when a suppressor is attached.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby shovel1966 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks SirSquee,

I do prop my carbine up against a support to steady it and only take one shot every thirty seconds or so with controlled breathing etc. I'm not sure why, but these 180 grain 300 blk loads were more accurate than any 5.56 or .223 that I have shot. Maybe it's the bullet weight and stability/aerodynamics/velocity. Or maybe I just had a good day. None the less, I was pretty happy and excited myself.
shovel1966

Previous

Return to Reloading