Winter reload offer

Use this area to discuss topics relating to hand loading or reloading ammunition.

Winter reload offer

Postby CTSixshot » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:09 pm

While things are frosty outside, come and roll some of your own ammo.
Currently, sitting on a canister of IMR 4198, and mixed components for 7.62x39mm, .223 Remington, .30-30 WCF and .45-70 Gov't.
Capable of over 50 calibers, but components may be lacking. Call...
Plenty of 6mm (.243"), .277", .312" (.32-20 WCF), 8mm (.323") and 9mm Makarov (.364") bullets on hand.
Private pistol and 100-meter rifle range on site.
CTSixshot

Re: Winter reload offer

Postby CTSixshot » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Perhaps there is interest in splitting/sharing a bullet order?
I see nereloading.com has some Pulled Speer 64gr in .224" and hi-techammo.com has some pulled 42gr Sinterfire frangibles for reasonable. I don't shoot a .223, but I can always reload some to use up the empty brass or use them in .30 caliber sabot loads.
http://www.nereloading.com/index.php/pr ... count.html
http://hi-techammo.com/collections/223- ... le-bullets
Norm in NM has some good prices on coated bullets, too. I've used plenty of his 6.5mm and .30 caliber projectiles.
LMK... once the order arrives, I'll assist you in rolling your own. 100-meters on site.

Last edited by CTSixshot on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CTSixshot

Postby CTSixshot » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:49 pm

For you 9mm types, this looks like a decent plinking bullet:
http://hi-techammo.com/collections/new- ... ed-bullets
Ideal for .357 Sig, too, but nobody seems to reload these.
I don't shoot a niner, but I've often reloaded .380/9mm bullets in .38 Special for economical fodder (my recovered bullets mic at ~.352", so .355" diameter bullets get plenty of stability out of my revolver).
I'll extend the above offer to 9x19mm, if you grab some of these bullets (or any bullet of choice, for that matter). I have about 400+ primed 9x19mm cases ready to go.
Must act before month-end (Jan), before I go away for awhile.
Thanks!

Oh... the order for the 64-grainers is placed, so disregard the above offer for a group buy.
CTSixshot

Postby CTSixshot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm

When things are a bit slow, you just improvise a tad...

Run the .454" bullets through a .452" sizer die and load 'em up:

Nothing extraordinary here, but while I have brass, bullets, powder and primers, might as well load them up, too:

Sorry, tired of editing picture size only to be unable to paste the saved/edited picture from photobucket (you get the idea even with the cropped picture).
CTSixshot

Postby Cyril » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Photobucket was great some years ago, but for a few years now it's been awful. Not only is it a hassle to use with stuff like that, its horrifically ad-laden site, and its browser incompatibilities, but even hotlinked photos (such as those posted in this thread) require a ton of javascript for the browser to load them; people running javascript control (such as the popular NoScript extension) end up needing to whitelist a bunch of stuff. I just hop over to another less secure, less fast browser with threads like this rather than allow Photobucket's nastyness into my main browser.

I recommend Imgur these days. Bonus: Resizing is as simple as adding a single letter in the URL after pasting it.
Cyril

Postby CTSixshot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Imgur...I'll have to check that out, thanks.
Roger, on the PB ads and such!
CTSixshot

Postby RImike » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:52 pm

I can't even login anymore to delete my account.
RImike

Postby CTSixshot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Let's see if I did it correctly...
http://imgur.com/A9zm0A2
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CTSixshot

Postby newportri » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:59 pm

You should be able to upload pretty much any type of images, pdf, or office documents. However, there is a setting that specifically allows which file types (extensions) are allowed. If there is a file type that is not allowed, please let me know and I will see if I can add it. Obviously, we don't allow executables files to be uploaded.
There is also a file size quote, which is 1MB for both PM and forum postings. You can have either 1 file that is up to 1MB, or 3 files that combined are 1MB. It can be increased, but the more space we take up on the server the more it will cost to run the forum. Since we are running on a pretty low budget, we have picked the limit we currently have set.
You can easily resize the pictures in a photo editing software or in the native OS http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/How%20To/Reduce_Image_Size.htm

I am not a big fan of external links myself (ie photobucket) since I have been to too many websites where the links have been removed or doesn't work.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby CTSixshot » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm still learning. I'll figure it out eventually.

Okay... got the resize and posting process down (at least for my purposes).

Meet some of the Softpoint family:

Now, to go outside and shoot some snowflakes, I guess (relax! The ones falling from the heavens...!)
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CTSixshot

Next

Return to Reloading