Tactical Dynamics upcoming courses - DH1 3/24, DH2 5/19

Information about training in the use of firearms and in self defense. NRA certified instructors (necessary for a permit qualification) in the area can be found here.

Re: Tactical Dynamics upcoming courses - DH1 3/24, DH2 5/19

Postby CTSixshot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

Come over the state line (North Stonington, CT Exit 93 I-95) and you can shoot on my private range; pistol pit and 100 meter rifle.
I don't have any action matches, but you can blow up some water-filled cans, shoot steel, bowling pins (you'll have to provide them) or any other targets (no glass or explosives). You may move and shoot or simply do some rifle sight-in or chrony work without the typical range distractions.
Reloading bench onsite, too.
Offer may be suspended without notice.
CTSixshot

Postby Cyril » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Glad to see you're still here on the RIFOL forum, CTSixshot. I thought maybe you got bored of the low traffic here and moved on.
Cyril

Postby CTSixshot » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Cyril wrote:Glad to see you're still here on the RIFOL forum, CTSixshot. I thought maybe you got bored of the low traffic here and moved on.

No, no... I've been 12 time zones away for the last couple of months.
FWIW, your forum is more active than CTShooting!
CTSixshot

Postby newportri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:15 am

Now that the weather is warming up, maybe we should have a RIFOL shot at your place. We had one a few years ago and we had a good time and it's good top put a face on the forum names :-D
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby CTSixshot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 am

newportri wrote:Now that the weather is warming up, maybe we should have a RIFOL shot at your place. We had one a few years ago and we had a good time and it's good top put a face on the forum names :-D

Not really in a position to host a large function, but any of you are welcome to come reload/shoot, drink coffee, etc.
This will only be available for the next few weeks though; can't say if I'll have the means to host any shooting over the longer term. Monday, the 25th is a no go, but most days will work.
100 meter rifle is really suited for a sole shooter. Ideal for undisturbed rifle sight-in and chrony work.
The pistol range is okay for, at most, three shooters (25 yards). One shooter at 50 yards. As long as I have targets, informal PPC matches could be performed.
I'm just over the border at Exit 93 (I-95).
Come over today, if interested. Only have a UConn WBB game to watch this afternoon, but that won't deter you any.
CTSixshot

Postby jcat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Another great TD course, looking forward to dh2 in may even more.

It really is impressive how much you can learn in one day even if you've taken the course before like I have. Builds significant confidence in your abilities and really shows you what does and doesn't work in your setup.

Pretty experienced group of shooters yesterday so we moved quick and basically got a 1.5 course with lots of fun steel work at the end. Interestingly, there was a single hammer fired gun on the line this time (P229) majority of others were P320s, VP9s, a few G19s and my lone G34.
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Previous

Return to Training