Defensive Handgun 1 - Foxboro MA - Jan 16th

Information about training in the use of firearms and in self defense. NRA certified instructors (necessary for a permit qualification) in the area can be found here.

Defensive Handgun 1 - Foxboro MA - Jan 16th

Postby TacDynamics » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Date: January 16, 2015
Start Time: 9:00 am
 End Time: 5:00 pm

Description:

Get a 10% discount if you register and pay early!
This course is designed for those who have never received any formal training after their basic firearms safety class and/or those who have had some training but want a tune up on their skill set. Our instructors will put you through the paces and get you up to speed! We will work at your level and help you climb to the next rung on the ladder of excellence.

Topics and Skills Covered Include:
• Gear Considerations and Set-up
• Defensive Marksmanship skills
• Balancing Speed and Accuracy
• Malfunction Identification and Clearance
• Multiple Threat Engagement Drills
• Concealed Carry Tips and Techniques
• Mindset Development

Take the day out of work and come train with us! We guarantee you will feel confident in your ability to employ your firearm in a defensive setting.

Address: 
Independent Sportsmen's Club
 - 36 Mirimichi Rd
 Foxboro, MA

See your instructors here - http://www.tacdynamics.com/staff/

TacDynamics

Re: Defensive Handgun 1 - Foxboro MA - Jan 16th

Postby RImike » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Is there live fire with this? It being in MA and living in RI is a real PTA, especially if one don't have a non res LTC. Will firearms be provided?
RImike

Postby demjones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Mike, I took the class in early September and fired around 400 rounds. It's a great experience, I learned a lot.

If the RI/MA thing bothers you (can't blame you), they also run courses in Hopkinton.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby RImike » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:41 pm

demjones wrote:Mike, I took the class in early September and fired around 400 rounds. It's a great experience, I learned a lot.

If the RI/MA thing bothers you (can't blame you), they also run courses in Hopkinton.

Thanks, will look into that.
RImike

Postby TacDynamics » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:57 am

RImike wrote:Is there live fire with this? It being in MA and living in RI is a real PTA, especially if one don't have a non res LTC. Will firearms be provided?

Hey Mike this is a great question. We can always provide a firearm and other equipment for any of our classes and thats free of charge. We can also provide ammunition at our cost. There are some options for bringing your own firearms to the class from RI. If you would like to learn about those options feel free to give me a call anytime and I'll cover the process with you. James Wise - 781-492-7446
TacDynamics

Postby TacDynamics » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 am

demjones wrote:Mike, I took the class in early September and fired around 400 rounds. It's a great experience, I learned a lot.

Thank you for the kind words and we are glad you enjoyed the class. This is correct we do often times host this class in Hopkington RI. The next one in RI is January 30th http://www.tacdynamics.com/register/?ee=173 thats the link for the class.
TacDynamics

Postby Shaw_Shot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:58 am

just signed up for jan 30 class in hopkinton. any insight as to what is needed equipment wise? iwb/owb holster? number of mags? ect....
don't let the name fool you. it does not imply accuracy by any means, only that i'm sure i shot a round.
Shaw_Shot

Postby SirSqueeboo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:49 am

Shaw_Shot wrote:just signed up for jan 30 class in hopkinton. any insight as to what is needed equipment wise? iwb/owb holster? number of mags? ect....

If I may be so bold--

(If possible) An extra handgun in case your primary goes down
*Quality* OWB holster and mag holder
At least 5 tested mags, you'll most likely only need 3.
Cleaning kit with lube
More ammo than required

Make sure to practice reholstering without looking down. Certain instructors will be clever and call for shots if most of the class is looking down fumbling with their holsters.
NRA Benefactor Member
SAF Life Member
Official Texas Recruiter

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
SirSqueeboo

Postby Shaw_Shot » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:56 pm

SirSqueeboo wrote:
Shaw_Shot wrote:just signed up for jan 30 class in hopkinton. any insight as to what is needed equipment wise? iwb/owb holster? number of mags? ect....

If I may be so bold--

(If possible) An extra handgun in case your primary goes down
*Quality* OWB holster and mag holder
At least 5 tested mags, you'll most likely only need 3.
Cleaning kit with lube
More ammo than required

Make sure to practice reholstering without looking down. Certain instructors will be clever and call for shots if most of the class is looking down fumbling with their holsters.

ok. i appreciate the input. i have 2 mags and an iwb holster. don't really want to practice drawing from an owb rig considering i'll never have the chance to draw from an owb rig with oc being illegal in ri. will only having 2 mags and an iwb disqualify me from the training? am i crazy for wanting to train out of my iwb? with ri laws it is more realistic/practical.
don't let the name fool you. it does not imply accuracy by any means, only that i'm sure i shot a round.
Shaw_Shot

Postby newportri » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:26 pm

This is an intro class where they will also make gear suggestions so I am sure you will be ok. I don't see any requirements for OWB. Its not a bad ideato practice IWB if that's what you plan to do.
You should definitely practice some drawing and holstering from the IWB since it will more difficld definitely get another couple of mags though.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Next

Return to Training