reputable training outfits.

Information about training in the use of firearms and in self defense. NRA certified instructors (necessary for a permit qualification) in the area can be found here.

Re: reputable training outfits.

Postby newportri » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 am

~$200/day seems to be the going rate for most classes. There was a local group that charged $300 and I thought that was too much for someone I had never heard about.

Tac dynamics offer a big discount on your second class, which is nice.

Sig give you 20% off at their pro shop, and you can make your money back if you are planning to buy another Sig. You have to use frangible ammo on their indoor range and that can double the cost of the class so keep this in mind. If you take their class in the summer it shouldn't be a problem. You don't need a hotel if you go to Sig. It took me 2:15 hrs from Newport, so that's not bad. Sig has a really good selection of classes so check out Sig Sauer Academy.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby demjones » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 am

Sig sounds impressive - I'll likely do their scoped rifle courses sooner than later. An NRC friend has done several and swears by them. The cost of ammo is formidable, though.

For the Tac Dynamics DH1 we spent 45-50 minutes in the classroom going over safety and student backgrounds, then on out to the range for 6-7 hours of training with a lunch break in the middle (Ashaway puts on a seriously good feed!). The teaching format was description, demonstration, walkthrough and practice/practice/practice. All in all I put about 400+ rounds through my pistol. Tough to beat for a local course. Having an UpLula loader was a huge help.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby jdp29 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 am

I just did one with Tactical Dynamics. I loved it. They do a good job.
jdp29

Postby choppah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:16 am

seems as though i'm going to give tac dynamics a shot first. i plan on cycling thru many training outfits this summer. see how they all stack up. find the one for me and run with them going forward into the future. i like the idea of trying them all out. its like powerball. can't hit the winner if ya don't play. thanks all.
choppah

Postby demjones » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:00 am

Good luck - and have fun!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby choppah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 am

demjones wrote:Good luck - and have fun!

aye. thank you.
choppah

Postby TacDynamics » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 am

I would like to start by saying a big thank you for all the great recommendations! The members here have been great to work with and we always enjoy having you guys in our classes.

It's always smart to do some research on your instructor's and training organizations. We post on our website the backgrounds of all of our instructor's http://www.tacdynamics.com/staff/

It's always great to work with different reputable instructors and organizations as well. You will learn there are many different ways of accomplishing your goals from different perspectives. If you look at our instructors resumes you will see we try to train with as many different organizations as we can. It prevents you from getting stuck in a training "bubble" and will allow you to become a better shooter.

We hope to see you guys on the range!
TacDynamics

Postby glocksrock » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Have taken Spartan's Pistol 1 & 2. Loved it!! I was a little concerned after some of the posts mentioning you must take their Pistol I first. After atending I totally get it. Pistol 1 starts basic but was glad I took it and was a great review. It was good to learn their range commands and philosophies. I will be sticking with these guys. I talked to some guys in law enforcement and military that I know and they can't say enough about these guys. We had people that were novices and experienced shooters in the class. The class was professional and super safe.
glocksrock

Previous

Return to Training