DEFENSIVE HANDGUN I – HOPKINTON RI May 22 9:00 am - 5:00 p

Information about training in the use of firearms and in self defense. NRA certified instructors (necessary for a permit qualification) in the area can be found here.

DEFENSIVE HANDGUN I – HOPKINTON RI May 22 9:00 am - 5:00 p

Postby TacDynamics » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:56 am

Date: May 22, 2015
Start Time: 9:00 am
 End Time: 5:00 pm
Sign up here - http://www.tacdynamics.com/event/defensive-handgun-i-hopkinton-ri/

Description:

This course is designed for those who have never received any formal training after their basic firearms safety class and/or those who have had some training but want a tune up on their skill set. Our instructors will put you through the paces and get you up to speed! We will work at your level and help you climb to the next rung on the ladder of excellence.

Topics and Skills Covered Include:
• Gear Considerations and Set-up
• Drawing from the holster
• Defensive Marksmanship skills
• Balancing Speed and Accuracy
• Malfunction Identification and Clearance
• Reloads
• Multiple Threat Engagement Drills
• Concealed Carry Tips and Techniques
• Mindset Development

Take the day out of work and come train with us! We guarantee you will feel confident in your ability to employ your firearm in a defensive setting.

Address:
Ashaway Sportsmen's Club
1 Gun Club Path, Hopkinton, RI

See your instructors here - http://www.tacdynamics.com/staff/

Sign up here - http://www.tacdynamics.com/event/defensive-handgun-i-hopkinton-ri/
TacDynamics

Re: DEFENSIVE HANDGUN I – HOPKINTON RI May 22 9:00 am - 5:00

Postby Blast54 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:27 am

First time with Tactical Dynamics. Can't say enough. Our instructor today was James Wise....look at his bio on their website and you will see his background. I understand the other instructors are just as good. One of my concerns with signing up with an outfit that comprised of ex-military ( thank you for your service) and police background is the thought of spending a whole day on a range with Rambo personalities and excess testosterone. Nothing could be further from the truth today.

My goal, like most, was to be more proficient with a firearm than when I arrived. This was accomplished through drills that started off basic and then advanced through the day until we were competing with each other and using the PACT timers. Small class...total round count was bout 400 each.

Great time, good weather, good pace...good company. What more could I want for a reasonable price. Had so much fun, Bryan and I are signing up for the Carbine class :)

Bill
This class was held at Ashaway in RI. They are really gun friendly and a top notch facility.
Blast54

Postby newportri » Sat May 23, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for the review! It sounds like you had a good time!
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby Thib » Sat May 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Heck, I just might have to take a Friday off and catch the one in July...
Thib

Postby demjones » Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm

You won't regret it!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby jcat » Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 pm

...the thought of spending a whole day on a range with Rambo personalities and excess testosterone.

Well, guess it's a good thing you didn't have Rob then. Guy's just one big ball of testosterone :lol:
G19 Gen 4 // G34 MOS // Glock 21 Gen 4 // Browning BPS Trap // BCM/Black Rain RECCE clone
jcat

Postby demjones » Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 am

I just registered for the June 12th Low Light Pistol class.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Return to Training