BiG Bear

Post information about RI gun shops and FFL dealers here.

BiG Bear

Postby Blast54 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Big Bear Firearms in Glocester burned down over the weekend. Looks like a total loss. I have only been there a few times but I know the young owners are highly thought of in the area. I hope they get a chance to rebuild as they are very pro second and good to their customers.

Bill
Blast54

Re: BiG Bear

Postby demjones » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Very sad. I was there once for a training class and liked the place. Good people building a good community. They do (I'm not heading for the past tense until they do) great Cerakote work and hold AR build nights every Monday. Hard to beat that! The timing really sucked, as they'd just come back from SHOT.
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations, and benefits." - Plutarch
demjones

Postby newportri » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 am

I have never been there, but I have heard a lot of good things about the store so it is sad to hear what happened. Fortunately, no one were injured and hopefully they can get back in business in not too long.
....the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Check out our website here:
http://www.rifol.org/
newportri

Postby grilco » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Sorry to see Big Bear had a fire. Beverly and George are great people. The gun store itself is an awesome place. Always nice to see them. Like everyone else I hope they rebuild. One of the better gun stores in the state.
grilco

Postby JamesRI » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Bev and George sold the store and plaza off a short time ago. It was under new ownership. I meet the new owner. Really nice guy.

James
JamesRI

Postby grilco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm

JamesRI wrote:Bev and George sold the store and plaza off a short time ago. It was under new ownership. I meet the new owner. Really nice guy.

James

Oops you're right. I was so used to talking with them.
grilco

Return to Rhode Island Gun Stores